Wednesday 8 April 2015

My Hero, My Appa…

                If you happen to see an old man(who is still handsome for me) cycling around a small town called Sitiawan in Perak, that might be my father. He travelled everywhere by bicycle until now. Some said he can’t afford to buy a motorcycle or a car, but only ‘we’ know the truth.

My Hero, My Appa…
                There are always the people in our lives that can be the heroes in many ways, but my life’s hero  will always be my appa. He influences my life since I born until now and also sacrifice a lot in his lifetime to make my life and my sibling’s lives better. He love us unconditionally, I have become the person I am today because of him. I adore him very much, not just because he is my appa, also such an amazing person with gold heart, my best friend for life, an advisor, kind respectful and strong person. His life and thoughts towards life with great motivation and confidence on the road to success inspires me a lot.
                My appa is working as a civil servant. His salary is not as much as we think. However, he tried his best to raise us to be a better person now. When we were small, we always asked for many things. He never refused to buy for us even though he could have used it for his own use. My appa loves to eat egg, but when my mother cooks egg curry, he will give his egg from his plate to me. That time I will be happy to see two eggs on my plate. He sacrificed his food for me. Until now, he is practicing the same thing.
                The incident that gave impact to my life happened when I was 17 years old. I am very active in sports at that time. I never concentrate on my studies much. One day, appa brought me to a function organized by an Indian society. There they gave away prizes for PMR and SPM good achievers. A ‘Datuk’ came there as the VIP. When we were giving speech, he congratulated everyone, and told that children of a person who ride bicycle won’t go far in their life. He meant that we will not achieve much in our life. That is the moment, for the first time in my life; I saw my appa shed tears. I couldn’t take it. Once back home, I told to myself, ‘this is it!’. I stopped involving in sport. I concentrated on my studies. Only one this was in my mind – appa’s tears.
                He sent us for tuition classes by his bicycle. He will ride that bicycle around 7-8km just to sent us and fetch us back home. My friends to tease me because my father was using bicycle, but I know his sacrifices. Once I asked my appa, why don’t he is not interested in buying motorcycle. The reason he gave me shattered me. He wanted to use the money to pay for our tuition fees than paying for the installments. I was speechless. He is the best appa ever!
                Recently, my previous primary school invited me to give a speech to the small kids over there.  That was the moment I waited for came. The ‘Datuk’ came for the event as well. During my speech, I told that the person who made my appa in tears is there too. (I never mentioned the name).I thanked him for that. If he didn’t uttered that words in front of everyone, I wouldn’t be the person who I am now.
                My appa is happy now and I am happy to see him such. He is still cycling his old bicycle but without any burden in his heart. I am living the luxuries life because of you appa! Thank you for inspiring me. I love you!

My Hero, My Appa…


 
Happy face of Appa! Our recent trip to Cameron Highlands. 

2 comments:

  1. If i go to Sitiawan, I would want to search around for him, and hopefully stumble upon him while he is cycling...and I would want to tell him what an awesome job he has done as a father, a teacher, and mentor to you brother...I can see a shadow of him in you...like me, I believe our fathers have done all they can to help our moms to raise us up and teach us the lessons in life until we are able to stand on our own today...God bless him and your family brother...amen!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can I still cry despite this not being the first time this story is being told? I feel like we should all have a big group hug. haha

    ReplyDelete