Friday 27 March 2015

‘The Thing’ #telukrubbiah


                Did you ever seen something white and flying in front of you? The feeling is totally different. I had several paranormal experiences when I was a teenager but I am not confident that those are real. This is the first surreal experience that I ever had.
                I was 18 at that time and was selected as one of the participants to join the first ever national service for 3 months in 2004. I was sent to Teluk Rubbiah camp. For the first month, we were required to stay in a camp of 10 people which consists of 5 bunk beds in one camp. My camp number was 25. There were over 250 participants in the same batch as mine and 90 over camps in the campsite. There was nothing really special in the first 3 weeks. I usually sleep on the top bunk of the bed.

                It all started on the 3rd week. We were sent to forest to stay there for four days. I don’t remember which day precisely it happened. But, at that time, I had gotten used to the place. We made a temporary camp in the forest. That night I got jolted awake in the middle of the night. That was the first time ever I woke up in the middle of the night since we were in the forest. I looked around. Everyone in my camp was sleeping. I went to the nearby tree to pass urine. Then, I just closed my eyes and continue my sleep. My body was facing upwards. About a few minutes after I closed my eyes, I felt another jolt above me. I tried to open my eyes but failed this time. I can’t even move my body. That is the moment I started to panic. I knew something was wrong there. Anyhow, I tried to open my eyes with my force. When I was able to open my eyes, I saw something white in front of me. I looked like a person flying above me. My eyes went blank and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Without knowing, I started reciting my prayers inside my heart. I had no idea why it was flying above me. I forced myself to sit. I was finally able to sit up. ‘The Thing’ was not there. I was gone. I wanted to wake up my friends, but I didn’t dare to do it. Finally, I sat down facing my camp mates and eventually slept.

                When I woke up in the morning, there were blood stains on my white tshirt. I told my friends but they refused to believe me. After that incident, there were several years where I wouldn’t sleep with my front facing upwards.

8 comments:

  1. puruuuu. you said you have scarier stories to share! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard some creepy stories about teluk rubbiah also before this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. teluk rubbiah=ghost hub.hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness...the bloodstains are really creepy...but I thought maybe it could be the trainers pouring a red liquid to make it look like blood....

    ReplyDelete
  5. NS campers ,like you were so young. As young as 18.....you just had to experience something so scary!

    ReplyDelete